A number of years ago my father in law became ill and was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. He was always hell-bent on having a weedless yard so using roundup was a regular routine.
Unfortunately, my husband inherited the same routine of fertilizing and weed killing. We lived on top of a hill and when we would have heavy rains I would notice that the weeds at the bottom of the hill would grow 4 feet tall due to tall the fertilizer washing down into the lake. I couldn't help but think of all the people who were using these products that were going into the water that was contaminating the lake that we fished and swam in. We had numerous discussion about stopping the use of these products and finally after years of debate we did find some organic types of lawn fertilizers that were not chemically based that we could use on the yard. I won't lie and say that our yard looked as nice as it did when we were using the chemical fertilizers, but I did feel better once we stopped using them. Shortly afterward one of our dogs also contracted non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. I can't help but wonder if the fertilizer was the cause.
Roundup Is Showing up in our Foods
Now even more disturbingly roundup is showing up in many kinds of cereal produced by Quaker Oats and General Mills. They claim that they are well below the lethal limit of the chemical glyphosate, which has been now directly linked to certain cancers.
People are Fighting Back
Recently the first lawsuit was settled for 239 million dollars for a man who got non-Hodgkins Lymphoma caused by round-up. There are many more lining up behind him who are suffering from non-Hodjkins Lymphoma
Click on the link below for an in-depth article on this new alarming evidence that has proven some cancers are caused by pesticides. Not only are we in danger while using them, but we also are affecting the quality of our foods. It was once thought that just our fresh fruits and vegetables put us at risk, now new evidence is finding these pesticides in cereals and other grains we are consuming. We as consumers need to be more proactive and aware of the harmful effects of these products. The best thing we can do is stop using and buying them.